The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- MEFMI - Request for Proposals to Conduct a Workload Analysis Jun 20, 2018
- April 2018 Monthly economic Review Jun 11, 2018
- Financial and Economic Review Vol 52 Issue 1_First Quarter 2018 Jun 07, 2018
- RBM REPORT AND ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2017 May 30, 2018
- Inflation Rate Monthly Average Figures May 28, 2018
- Revised MPC Meetings Timetable for 2018 May 18, 2018
- Advert - Tender for Supply of Gym Equipment at RBM Head Office May 17, 2018