The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Financial Institutions Supervision Annual Report 2018 Jun 26, 2019
- CALL FOR RESEARCH PROPOSALS FOR A STUDY ON THE EXTENT OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES IN MALAWI Jun 24, 2019
- Results of 2 Year Treasury Note Tap Auction Held on 13th June 2019 Jun 19, 2019
- Inflation Rates Monthly Averages Jun 19, 2019
- Interest Rates Monthly Averages- Jan 1980 to Apr 2019 Jun 11, 2019
- Monetary Authorities Jan 1975-Apr 2019 Jun 11, 2019
- Monetary Survey Jan 1975-Apr 2019 Jun 11, 2019