The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Prospectus of 3-year Treasury Note 07 April 2020 Apr 06, 2020
- Statement of the Monetary Policy Committee - 1st April 2020 Apr 02, 2020
- RBM Annual Financial Statements for the Year End 31 December 2019 Apr 02, 2020
- SUMMARY OF REVERSE AUCTION RESULTS 30 MARCH 2020 Mar 30, 2020
- Adverts - Various Positions 2020 Mar 27, 2020
- REPURCHASE OF GOVERNMENT SECURITIES THROUGH REVERSE AUCTION ISINs TN05YR240920, TN05YS240920 AND TN02YR040920 30 MARCH 2020 Mar 25, 2020
- Results of 7 Year Treasury Note Auction Held on 24 march 2020 Mar 24, 2020