The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Citizen Insurance Company Limited (In Liquidation) Jun 21, 2021
- April 2021 Monthly Economic Review Jun 17, 2021
- The Role of Price Stability on Economic Growth in Malawi Jun 17, 2021
- Financial and Economic Review Volume 55 Issue 1 2021 Jun 14, 2021
- PRESS RELEASE-PERIOD FOR REPATRIATION EXPORT PROCEEDS TO MALAWI Jun 09, 2021
- Intention to award Contracts- Currency Processing System Jun 02, 2021
- Exchange rates - May 2021 Jun 01, 2021