The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Exchange Rates - March 2021 Apr 09, 2021
- PRESS RELEASE - SUSPENSION OF PORTFOLIO MANAGER’S LICENCE FOR ALLIANCE CAPITAL LIMITED Apr 07, 2021
- RBM - Consolidated and Separate Annual Financial Statements 2020 Apr 07, 2021
- Business Licensing (Deployment and Usage of Electronic Payment Channels) Regulations, 2019 Apr 07, 2021
- February 2021 Market Intelligence Report Apr 01, 2021
- External Debt Apr 01, 2021
- Policy Brief on Fiscal Dominance and Inflation in Malawi Apr 01, 2021