The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Treasury Bills & Notes Issuance Calendar- November 2018 to June 2019 Nov 08, 2018
- 5 Year Treasury Note Auction-Held on 20 November 2018 Nov 08, 2018
- Bid Form- 5 Year Treasury Note Auction-Held on 20 November 2018 Nov 08, 2018
- Intent to Award Contract - Design, Supply, Install and Commission an E-Ticketing and Access Control System at the Silver Stadium Nov 02, 2018
- October 2018 Monthly Average Exchange Rates Nov 02, 2018
- Monetary Policy Report - September 2018 Oct 17, 2018
- Interest Rate Monthly Average Figures - Jan 1980 to Aug 2018 Oct 10, 2018