The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- IMF 2020 Fund Challenge for Students in Economics Oct 14, 2019
- August 2019 Monthly Economic Review Oct 08, 2019
- 2019 Monetary Policy Conference at Nkopola Lodge, Mangochi—18th November 2019 Oct 07, 2019
- National Accounts 2010-2019 Sep 23, 2019
- Balance of Payments 2010 - 2019 Sep 23, 2019
- Inflation Rate Monthly Average Figures Sep 20, 2019
- Interest Rates Monthly Averages- Jan 1980 to Jul 2019 Sep 11, 2019