The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- April 2017 NPS Monthly Report May 23, 2017
- MEFMI - Vacancy for Director Debt Management Programme May 22, 2017
- Terms of Reference - Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) Requirements Specification Consultancy May 19, 2017
- Exchange Rates May 03, 2017
- Monetary Survey Apr 25, 2017
- Monetary Authorities Apr 25, 2017
- Commercial Bank Assets and Liabilities Apr 25, 2017