The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Financial and Economic Review, Volume 54 Issue 1, 2020 Jul 01, 2020
- May 2020 Exchange rates Jun 17, 2020
- Inflation Rate Monthly Average Figures Jun 17, 2020
- April 2020 Monthly Economic Review Jun 11, 2020
- INVITATION TO BID (ITB) - SUPPLY AND DELIVER OF ATS EQUIPMENT Jun 04, 2020
- INVITATION TO BID (ITB) - PROVISION OF INSURANCE BROKERAGE SERVICES. Jun 04, 2020
- INVITATION TO BID (ITB) - PROCUREMENT OF A SERVICE PROVIDER TO ADMINISTER SELF-INSURANCE SCHEME. Jun 04, 2020