The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- MEFMI - Vacancy for Executive Director Jan 16, 2018
- Financial and Economic Review Vol 51 Issue 3 2017 - Third Quarter 2017 Jan 12, 2018
- November 2017 Monthly Economic Review Jan 11, 2018
- Results of 5 Year Treasury Note Auction Held on 27th December 2017 Dec 28, 2017
- 5 Year Treasury Note Auction Notice Held on 27 December 2017 Dec 22, 2017
- Minutes of the 4th Monetary Policy Committee Meeting for 2017 Dec 20, 2017
- October 2017 Monthly Economic Review Dec 14, 2017