The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Inflation Rate Monthly average Figures Jan 18, 2019
- November 2018 Monthly Economic Review Jan 14, 2019
- Monthly Average Exchange Rates Jan 11, 2019
- MPC Meetings Time Table for 2019 Jan 03, 2019
- October 2018 Monthly Economic Review Dec 17, 2018
- Financial and Economic Review Vol. 52, Issue 3, 2018 Dec 06, 2018
- Monthly Average Exchange Rates Dec 05, 2018