The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Payment Systems (E-Money) Regulations, 2019 Aug 20, 2019
- INVITATION TO BID (ITB)SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF A 20,000 LITRES WATER TANK Aug 16, 2019
- A Guide to Investing in Malawi Capital Markets Aug 15, 2019
- Financial Stability Report, June 2019 Aug 14, 2019
- CNPD PRESS RELEASE-SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION FOR PENSION MEMBERS Aug 14, 2019
- Press Release - Outstanding Pension Contributions as at 30 June 2019 by Employers from the Private Sector Aug 14, 2019
- CNPD Chidziwitso Chapadera-KALEMBERA WA MAMEMBALA A MUSIKIMU YA PENSHONI Aug 14, 2019