The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - Consultancy for Implementation of Enterprise Architecture (EA) as part of IT Governance Initiative based on COBIT 5 Nov 08, 2017
- Guidelines for Application and Authorisation of Payment Service Providers Nov 06, 2017
- September 2017 NPS Monthly Report Nov 01, 2017
- Tender for the Supply, Installation and Implementation of an Integrated Risk Management Module Oct 17, 2017
- Insurance (Minimum Capital and Solvency Requirements for Life Insurers) Directive, 2017 Oct 11, 2017
- Insurance (Minimum Capital and Solvency Requirements for General Insurers) Directive, 2017 Oct 11, 2017
- Insurance (Minimum Capital and Solvency Requirements for Reinsurance Companies) Directive, 2017 Oct 11, 2017