The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Intention to Award Contract - Provision of Insurance Brokerage Services Oct 22, 2020
- Register of Financial Cooperatives (SACCOs) in Malawi Oct 21, 2020
- Address By The Governor, Dr Wilson T Banda 5TH BANKERS CONFERENCE Amaryllis Hotel, Blantyre 8th October 2020 Oct 20, 2020
- Monthly Exchange Rates - September 2020 Oct 14, 2020
- Results of 3 Year Treasury Note Auction Held on 06 October 2020 Oct 06, 2020
- Treasury Bills & Treasury Notes Issuance Calendar - October 2020 Oct 02, 2020
- Prospectus of 3-year Treasury Note 06 October 2020 Oct 02, 2020