The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- June 2018 Economic Review Aug 16, 2018
- Intention to Award Contract - Procurement of Various Office Furniture Aug 13, 2018
- July 2018 Monthly Average Exchange Rates Aug 01, 2018
- INVITATION TO BID - IMPLEMENT AN INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Jul 26, 2018
- INVITATION TO BID - IMPLEMENT AN INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (IMIS) Jul 26, 2018
- INVITATION TO BID(ITB) - SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF LIFTS AT THE BLANTYRE BRANCH Jul 26, 2018
- May 2018 Economic Review Jul 25, 2018