The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- March 2018 NPS Monthly Report Apr 20, 2018
- 2017 RBM Annual Financial Statements Apr 20, 2018
- Government Financial Statistics Apr 19, 2018
- INVITATION TO BID (ITB) - TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF CHANGE OVER SWITCHES AND RE-CONFIGURATION OF ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS AT BLANTYRE BRANCH. Apr 16, 2018
- PROCUREMENT OF A GYM / AEROBICS TRAINER Apr 16, 2018
- ENGAGEMENT OF A CONSULTANT FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS Apr 16, 2018
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - STRUCTURAL CONDITION ASSESSMENT OF OFFICE BUILDING AT RESERVE BANK OF MALAWI - BLANTYRE BRANCH Apr 16, 2018