The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Results of 5 Year Treasury Note Tap-Auction Held on 18 April 2019 Apr 18, 2019
- Results of 5 Year Treasury Note Tap-Auction Held on 17 April 2019 Apr 17, 2019
- ENGAGEMENT OF A CONSTRUCTION CONSULTANT TO CARRY OUT TECHNCIAL ASSESSMENT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A WELLNESS CENTRE AT THE RBM CLUBHOUSE IN LILONGWE Apr 15, 2019
- ADDENDUM TO TENDERS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF CONCEPTUAL DRAWINGS FOR RBM STAFF CAFETERIA & CLUBHOUSE BUILDING IN MZUZU Apr 15, 2019
- REVISED 2019 MONETARY POLICY COMMITTEE MEETINGS TIMETABLE APRIL 2019 Apr 11, 2019
- February 2019 Monthly Economic Review Apr 10, 2019
- Request For Proposal (RFP) - Project Management Consultacy Services to Form Fund’S Internal Design and Build Project Team Apr 09, 2019