The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Minutes of the 1st Monetary Policy Committee Meeting for 2017 Mar 24, 2017
- February 2017 NPS Monthly Report Mar 23, 2017
- December 2016 Monthly Economic Review Mar 15, 2017
- January 2017 NPS Monthly Report Feb 21, 2017
- Balance of Payments (2010-2017) Feb 14, 2017
- Monetary Survey Jan 31, 2017
- Monetary Authorities Jan 31, 2017